Advantages of studying English online
If you are reading this article you may be interested in learning the most popular language in the world. If you are willing to learn more, to improve your level, or to fix those grammatical mistakes you often make, keep reading to know all the benefits of learning English online.
Coronavirus has brought negative things but also positive, such as free time. With all the restrictions imposed all over the world, many of the activities we used to do can no longer be done in order to control the rhythm of the infections. Because of that, we have been given the opportunity to have free time to reinforce our learning.
When wanting to reinforce a language, you may have many doubts like: How do I do it? With whom? When? … We have the Answer. The pandemic situation is not going to be an excuse. New technologies have opened a new path for training. E-learning has become the best method for learning a new language such as English.
Classgap is the leading e-learning platform. You will find the best private English teachers willing to help you with what you need. Login and register to discover all the benefits of learning English through online lessons!
Why is it important to study English?
Without any doubt, English is one of the most widely spoken languages on the planet, with more than 400 million speakers across all continents. It is a universal language, so learning it has many advantages when it comes to either a professional or personal level.
English is part of our daily lives, and even many countries have adapted English words to their language. For example, in Spain, they use words like casual, jeans, fashion, hobby, test, selfie... and many more. So it is not only a massive spoken language but a “trendsetter” all over the world.
New technologies and globalization have made us constantly be surrounded by English concepts. This shows the importance of knowing the language, we need English for our daily life and, without a doubt, the best way to learn it is with a private online English tutor.
Studying English is good for work, if you know the language the job opportunities will grow. On an educational level as well, if you speak English you will have more possibilities to go to universities and foreign centers to study. It enriches us professionally and personally. In addition, if we travel to an Anglo-Saxon country, the language barrier will not be a problem for us to immerse ourselves in their culture.
Speaking of culture, if you know the language it will be easier to understand British humor, literature and cinema. You will understand the puns, the sayings and all the nuances that are lost in translation. You will be able to watch your favorite series and movies in their original version without missing anything.
English is the language of international communication, trade and finance. In today's world, if you don't know the English language you are missing out on many things. Thanks to new technologies, learning English has become an easier challenge. Online classes are the best option, so we invite you to register with Classgap and try it out, you will love it!
Advantages of learning English online
There are many benefits of learning English, but do you know the advantages of studying it online? Since the beginning of the pandemic, it has been proven that e-learning is the safest way if we want to continue learning without putting our health at risk. Thanks to technology, online learning is easier and more accessible for everyone.
In recent years, the advantages of having online English classes with a private tutor have increased. Keep reading to know them:
- Time flexibility: there is always a gap in your schedule for online Classgap classes. Some people work in shifts, so they don't have a fixed schedule. With online classes you decide the time and day you prefer. Combine your learning with other activities or work itself.
- Take advantage of new technologies: thanks to the use of new devices and new platforms, online training has improved in terms of quality. Learning English has never been so easy and practical.
- Participate: don't be afraid of making mistakes, you are doing the class to learn. The teacher is not going to judge you, he or she wants you to learn with his help, so if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask.
- Study with a teacher abroad: one of the biggest advantages is the fact that you are connected with teachers from all over the world, so you can connect with native tutors.
- Feel confident: there will only be the teacher and you. Don't be embarrassed by your pronunciation, you are there to learn. Your teacher will help you improve and answer any questions you may have. The important thing is that you feel comfortable in the class.
- Personalization: you set your time and goals. The teacher will make the class based on your needs. You will be able to reinforce the issues that you struggle most with and go deeper into your interests.
- Savings: online classes are usually cheaper since you will not have to travel to the class yourself or the teacher. Without a doubt, this is one of the advantages that we take into account the most.
- From anywhere: it is important to keep in mind that you can take the classes wherever you go. If you decide to go on vacation or move to a new city, there is no need for you to change your teacher. Thanks to the online mode, you can take your English classes wherever you are.
- Effort and discipline: you will have to learn to manage your own time. Online classes require extra effort, but the results are excellent. Having classes with a teacher assigned just for you will help you progress constantly. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn how to work independently.
Learning English is easier and more affordable thanks to online classes. Find your ideal tutor in Classgap's verified teacher's grid. What are you waiting for? Discover all the advantages.
Most common errors when learning English
When we speak English we make mistakes unintentionally, even if you have a good level. Below, we list the most common mistakes we make in order for you to try to avoid them:
- The omission of the subject: in English, we cannot omit the subject of a sentence, it must always appear before the verb. In Spanish, we conjugate the verbs taking into account the person and the time, in English all the verbal persons have the same conjugation. For example: I want to see you.
- Adjectives: as other languages are more flexible with syntactic structures, allowing the adjective to be placed in front of or behind the noun, English is more restrictive and always forces the placement of the adjective before the verb. For example: The new shoes.
- Use of prepositions: this is one of the things that creates the most confusion for other language speakers. The use of prepositions varies depending on each sentence, with three different forms: in, on and at. It is important to know how to distinguish them.
- The vowels: English has up to 12 vowels, which makes it difficult for other language speakers. Spanish for example, only has 5. This leads to the mispronunciation of certain words and can cause confusion when learning this language.
- Pronouns: you may tend to confuse the pronouns she and he or its possessive forms, since in English there are used two forms, his and her, while in other languages it’s not that way.
- Phrasal Verbs: it is usually one of the topics that bring English-learners more headaches. This is because it is a unique concept and particularity of this language. A Phrasal Verb is composed of a verb and one or two prepositions or adverbs. We tend to translate them literally to our native language and their meaning is completely different.
- False Friends: these are words that sound similar in different languages but do not mean the same thing, they kind of betray us. For example, while in Spanish "estar constipado" is to have a cold, and "to be constipated" in English means to be constipated.
In order for those mistakes to not be repeated, the best solution is online English lessons. With your private Classgap tutor you will for sure learn how to avoid these problems that occur when learning a new language.
How to choose your ideal English tutor
As we have seen, there are many advantages and reasons to study English. One of the most frequently asked questions, and one that often seems to be the most difficult, is how do you choose the best online English teacher? You should know that depending on your objectives there are teachers who will best adapt and help you to carry them out. So the most important thing is to be clear about the reasons why you want to start studying.
When you decide to find your teacher at Classgap, you will see that there are two options: bilingual or native. Which is better? Both are equally beneficial for you, the class experience will be just as complete, as both are trained and will help you get through those online English classes. On the plus side, the two options can provide you with different benefits. Do you want to know which one is the best choice for you?
There are 3 main reasons why a person decides to start or continue learning a language, and depending on your particular reason there will be someone who best suits your goals:
- For work: nowadays English has become almost a mandatory language for any profession. The new generations have grown up learning English at school, watching series and movies in their original version or just checking into the internet. For this reason, the English language is an essential part of your curriculum. Which teacher do you need? Your best option will be a native teacher in this case. He or she will be in charge of helping you with pronunciation and vocabulary related to the work environment. With today's globalization, all companies have business with multinationals or companies from other countries. If you don't want to miss out on anything, find your teacher at Classgap.
- Official exams: another of the most common reasons people look for a good online English teacher is to prepare for official exams. If you want to get your degree you must find a good native teacher. The structure of the tests is similar at all levels: reading comprehension, listening comprehension, writing and speaking. A native speaker will be your best option. In addition, in Classgap, you will find teachers from all over the world.
- Personal reasons: perhaps your only reason for learning or improve your English is that you are interested in the language. Traveling is one of the reasons why people want to learn English. It is the language that is spoken almost everywhere in the world, so learning it will make it much easier for you to understand the concepts that until now have escaped you on your travels. A bilingual teacher can be of great help to you. He or she will help you with the more difficult concepts and give you tips to make everything easier.
If you already know the reason why you want to study English and you know which teacher is the one that suits you best, you have to look for him/her in the Classgap teachers' grid.
What is an online English lesson like at Classgap?
What you need is an electronic device with an internet connection, a computer if it’s possible. Choose a good place to settle in for online classes and go to our platform and register.
Classgap connects tutors and students from all over the world, so if you are looking for a native teacher, this is definitely the place. The online English classes are private, so it will be adapted to your goals and needs. Only you and the teacher will be there, do not be embarrassed with the pronunciation and remember that if you have any doubts you should ask them. The range of English teachers is very wide, so you are sure to find someone who can meet your goals.
Now that you already know how to choose your tutor, it is time to learn how Classgap works.
- Once you register, you will have access to the English teacher's grid.
- Use the filters to select what interests you most: whether you want to be a native speaker or not, the price you want to pay, the schedule you want...
- Once you have found the one you like best you can book the class. Many teachers have a free 20-minute test, so take advantage of it and have a chat about your goals to see if he or she is the right person to help you achieve them.
- When the class starts, you will have the option to access the Classgap’s own virtual classroom. You will find all kinds of tools to make your online classes complete. A virtual whiteboard, chat, an option to share documents, links or files...
- Once the class is over, you will be able to leave a comment about the class, this way you will help other users who are interested in the same teacher.
- If you have any questions or problems, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team.
Online English classes will help you enjoy learning within a quality education without putting your security at risk. The future of education is the online method. Find your English teacher now and don't waste any more time, sign up today!