How to learn grammar and spelling with online Spanish classes
New technologies have many benefits that we all know and appreciate. But it also has cons and one of them is that with the use of communication platforms such as Whatsapp, whether we want to or not, we make more spelling mistakes. In fact, there are studies that prove it. It is very normal because we use it as instant messaging and that means speed. Especially young people: the vast majority are not going to check if they are writing correctly.
We are not going to judge how each person writes on their Whatsapp. Even less so in a language as complex as Spanish, which is considered grammatically more difficult than English. But the problem comes when, for example, when writing a cover letter, an essay or any type of written document that requires a certain formality, we make totally inappropriate spelling mistakes.
If you feel identified with all of this and want to be aware of the mistakes you make in order to write better, maybe you need to take spelling classes to review several concepts.
The same goes for grammar: with the use of platforms that demand speed and immediacy, we seem to forget how to use grammar correctly.
That is why in this article we are going to talk about how to learn grammar and spelling 100% online. Online classes are the best solution in this day and age and have the main advantages of being flexible in terms of time, saving time with transport, or in the case of a pandemic, avoiding contact with other people.
Platforms such as Classgap offer the service of contact between student and teacher, adapting the needs of the student to the methodology, timetable and price of the tutor, finding the best option for the student.
Are you one of those who always writes with grammar or spelling mistakes? Start looking for your private Spanish teacher online at Classgap.
The importance of good Spanish grammar
Did you know that the word grammar comes from Greek? Grammatiké means the art of writing. In Spanish, it was Nebrija who wrote the first rules of grammar, but they were not the official ones. Three centuries later, the first Spanish academic grammar was established.
This part of the language studies aspects such as phonetics (speech sounds), morphology (words) and syntax (organisation and/or combination of words to form sentences). We often wonder if it is worth studying it, what good will it do me in the future? Well, for many things. In addition, there are three fundamental reasons why studying grammar is not just for writers, philosophers or specialists in the Spanish language.
- It allows you to improve your use of the language in areas such as phonetics and spelling.
- It helps you to better understand the structure of words (morphology).
- Above all, it allows you to organise and combine words correctly in sentences (syntax).
It is very important, whatever your profession was, to have the ability to express ideas and thoughts clearly and concisely, demonstrating your level of mastery of the Spanish language. Understanding and studying grammar teaches us to read, speak and write our language correctly. If you want to aspire to professional success, you must have a perfect command of Spanish grammar.
When we read or hear sentences that are incorrect, we are able to detect the errors. This is because we have internalised the grammatical rules that govern the language.
Like most disciplines, grammar also has parts that study different aspects. Here are the different types of grammar in Spanish:
- Synchronic grammar - studies the structure or functioning of the language at a particular historical moment.
- Historical or diachronic grammar - studies the evolution of language throughout history.
- Descriptive grammar - the study of the components of a language (phonetics, phonology, morphology and syntax).
- Prescriptive or normative grammar - the study of correct uses in the cultured language.
- Comparative grammar - studies the relations between different languages.
Benefits of good spelling in Spanish
Spelling is one of the pillars of the Spanish language. In recent years, we have added new terms to our vocabulary and changed the way we write. Many of these situations occur on social networks, where the majority of users want to convey a brief message, regardless of the way they write. We seem to have forgotten the many benefits of good spelling.
- It shows that our minds are orderly: the way in which we structure a text can be applied to many other day-to-day functions. Depending on our spelling and syntax, it can be seen whether we really have clear ideas or whether we have a lot of unclear and confused concepts in our head. Good writing is a way of demonstrating our mental order.
- It reflects your professionalism: In addition to using words that show that you know the field you are talking about, it is important not to make mistakes or misspellings. If the structure is tidy, you will give the impression that you are a serious and responsible person.
- It shows how we interact with others: writing without spelling mistakes indicates that we give importance to our interlocutor. Even if it is an informal text message, we should make sure that the receiver understands that we respect and value him or her.
- We are an example to others: Avoiding spelling mistakes helps to preserve our language. We should set an example to others and not help to spread spelling mistakes.
- It gives you confidence: When we feel that we do not know how to express ourselves well in writing, we tend to fear certain situations. Thanks to spelling, we have the necessary tools to preserve our language.
In order to enjoy these benefits it is important to learn Spanish. Sign up for Classgap and find your private Spanish teacher online. Learn the rules of Spanish spelling and become an expert.
Online private Spanish classes
Improving the grammar and spelling of a language you are still learning may be the last of your priorities and you can't find the motivation to do it in depth. Maybe the main excuse is that you don't have time or that you think the courses are difficult or too expensive... That's why we show you the best way to improve your level of Spanish, and that's online private classes.
Among many other advantages, online classes do not take up as much of your time as face-to-face classes, as you avoid travelling (which not only involves moving from one place to another, but also getting ready to go out in the street, etc.). Moreover, by avoiding the cost of such transport, the price per class is reduced, ranging from €10 to €25 on average. So, the two main excuses are cancelled out with online tutoring.
On the other hand, in times of coronavirus they seem to be our only solution, as we want to avoid unnecessary contact as much as possible. Technology has made all its advantages available so that we can continue our learning in a 100% safe and efficient way.
How do I find a teacher to teach me what I need?
Classgap answers this question, because our platform is designed to connect students with their ideal online teachers to meet their needs in a personalised way that adapts to their learning pace.
All you have to do is:
- Enter the classgap website
- Search for Spanish classes online
- Filter your language level
- Select the timetable that suits you best (mornings, afternoons, evenings or weekends)
- View the list of teachers shown on the screen
- Select the one that best suits your needs
- Book a lesson with him/her (many teachers have the option of a 20 minute free trial).
With Classgap the process is very simple, as the platform is specially designed so that students can find their ideal teacher quickly and efficiently.
It also has its own virtual classroom, with all the necessary tools to make online classes the best possible experience.
Now that you know how it works, sing up for Classgap and start improving your Spanish right now!